This is the website for Houston, We Have A Promenade, the 38th Annual Convention of the International Association of Gay Square Dance Clubs ( IGASDC), an LGBTQ* organization, being held July 2-4, 2021 in Houston, Texas.
We look forward to welcoming hundreds of LGBTQ* Square Dancers to the Hyatt Regency in Houston, TX over the July 4th weekend of 2021!
- 1/13/2021: Survey Available!
To help guide our response to the coronavirus pandemic, we’ve prepared a short Google Forms survey.
The survey info will help us refine our convention plans, especially regarding alternatives to the planned in-person event currently scheduled for July 2-4, 2021 in Houston, TX.
Survey link: https://forms.gle/557gFjjqWNFgDtkd9
- 12/13/2020: Registration rates have been extended!
Current rate of $200 is now good through April 30, 2021! (Fun Badge Tour is $50, Non-Dancer rate is $100.)
We will guarantee you a full refund if we cancel due to COVID-19.
- 11/14/2020: We’ve received a number of questions asking when we’ll know a “go/no-go” date for Houston, We Have A Promenade.
Please be assured that we are as anxious about COVID-19 safety as you, but we just don’t have sufficient information to make an informed decision…yet.
Truthfully, with so many variables in play, we don’t have a specific date in mind right this minute.
However, we DO intend to set that date by the end of January 2021, when we will have a new Federal administration in place, and a more reliable set of data points.
- 11/9/2020: Registration note: a full refund of all registration fees will be made if the convention is cancelled due to COVID-19 concerns.
- 9/7/2020: Our list of Attractions has been posted, covering everything from meditative spaces to skateboarding parks!
- 9/6/2020: More updates!
- 9/5/2020: We’ve been busy updating the website, including:
- Adding a COVID-19 page, which we’ll update as things develop (including bulletins here on the main page).
- A much-requested Dining Near Hotel guide, showing walking distance from the hotel. (It’s under “Houston!”)
- Updating the Hotel page with a link to the Hyatt Regency’s main website.
- Creating separate pages under News for the newsletter, convention videos, and flyer.
- Splitting up the About/Info page a bit, to make things easier to find, including information about Our Committee, our convention logo, and a new Contact Us form.
- Making the names on the Callers page easier to read.
Countdown to Day 1 of Convention (7/1/2021)…